I think my dead blog is a result of my irregular posting and updating, but I'm perfectly fine with it!
Anyhow, there are a few things I feel I have to post about, to conclude my happenings in the year 2008.
First up! LYNC camp. That was a miracle, to be honest. Mummy didn't allow me to go at first & in fact, she was quite strongly against me going. But well, I guess God answered my prayer in time! 2 days before camp, I asked her again and she agreed!
I think it must have been one of the fun-nest times I've spent with LYNC people because we really had a lot of fun, especially during games. From station games to night games, to BBQ-ing it was definitely memorable. Well, the sessions were undeniably fruitful and meaningful as well, in the sense that it really reached into the depths of my heart and questioned my faithfulness in Christ. Well, I think it allowed me to understand better (but not completely), the grace from God. There're just so many things I learnt that I can't seem to find a way to express in mere words, which will never be able to cover the extent of God's greatness.
Oh and Christmas! Allowed for reflection on the true meaning of it, and remembrance of the birth of Jesus Christ. I must say that I really thought a lot about that, even non-voluntarily. Even in a world where Christmas has become so commercialised and so loud, I am glad to be able to hang onto the deeper meaning of why Christmas is worth celebrating and remembering. (:
Then on the Monday that just passed, went to Redhill with Sarah, Vanessa, Ignatius (Skittles Boy!), Wen Hsin, Joshua, Louis (who came really late), Pastor Mike & quite a lot of other people, to distribute (really heavy) food hampers to the residents there. Although I did have a lot of fun, especially chilling in Pastor Mike's car with the LYNC-ers (HAHA :D), that was definitely not the highlight of the day. Seeing the looks on the faces of the senior citizens, the joy that they generously displayed on their faces, it gave me a sense of satisfaction. It made me happy. Yet, knowing that they were lonely, it made me sad, but even more so, reminded me to count my blessings instead of complaining and lamenting all day long. (:
Up till about now, as in seriously right this second, I have been fearing going back to school and entering a brand new year. But then I know that I have the Lord by my side, so what do I have to fear? There is nothing I will face that He cannot overcome. So I will bravely step into this year and get the best out of it!
DEBORAH
CHRISTIAN
raffles softball
raffles cdance
raffles interact